Friday, January 1, 2010

All things happen for a reason.

Hello, reader[s].

My name is Elizabeth. I am a student at MIT studying materials science engineering and music. In high school, I was a somewhat-cynical, Darwin-loving, socially liberal, gay-supporting, spiritually-apathetic, doubtful, pro-choice, goofy, intellectually-confident, truth-seeking but ignorant, vocal, judgmental, overall-happy teenager.

Some things never change. But now I believe in God, and now I believe in the Catholic Church. (And now I can hear the groans of my formerly-fellow atheists.)

This Easter, I will be receiving First Communion and Confirmation, while my seven-year-old brother will be getting his First Communion back home. Along the way, I’m documenting all the thoughts, questions, frustrations, and joys I experience during my conversion. But I’m setting some rules for myself:

1. No erasing posts – I have a horrible habit of maintaining journals/blogs mostly because I look back at older entries and realize how imbecilic I sound, and then delete everything. Nope, leaving it all up this time – humility, it’s an acquired virtue, right?

2. Keep it PG – I had kind of a potty mouth in high school, but I realize this is not the venue for profanities. (Although I still think there is a time and place for them.)

3. Update weekly – It’s not like I have a life outside the interwebz, anyway. *Eyeroll*

This is a collection of my opinions, but feel free to [respectfully] contribute some of your own.

One last thing - the name of this blog references Thomas the Apostle, the one biblical character who I (and most skeptics) can relate to the most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment